Wednesday, April 28, 2010

135. Smart Couples



I just got off the phone with my long-term friend S. She has been married to her husband K for about 5 years now, and dated him for ten years before that. They have two very cute, albiet boisterous, small children.

S just updated me that her husband K has started taking art classes every Tuesday night. She told me that they both believed it was important to nourish their own souls, not just indulge their children, now that the kids were getting a little bigger. (they are 4 and 2)

S is starting photography.

Mostly importantly, it gave them something to talk about that didn't involve the kids or each other. Something that was their's alone to own.

It won't take away from their family time. Or their couple time. Infact, it will without a doubt enrich it.

I love it!

NB This photo is of one the longest recorded married couples. The husband, Liu Fuben, 95, and the wife, Shi Jihui, 100, have been living together for 85 years