Monday, November 23, 2009

11. Sexting


Chances are unless you are Amish you will own a mobile phone. Chances are also that if you own said mobile phone, you will, at some stage, have given your number to a boy and done the dreaded waiting around for "the sms". Its highly possible that you have waited around more than once even. Here are six sext tips to make this part of the dating dance a little less painful.

1) Be unpredictable! I have a friend, goregous, gorgeous girl. But like clockwork, most evenings around ten pm, she will send a message that says "any news" and nothing else. I am going to admit to ignoring these messages most of the time as they bore me. She doesn't bore me - she is gorgeous. But her message is predicatble and I usually fall asleep reading them. They definantly do not make me want to commence a text volley with her which brings me to the next point.

2) The text volley! Girls are a big fan of the text volley. A marathon text session with the man of their dreams. Best tip I can give re the text volley - stop before they do. It will keep them guessing and wanting more. I always get comments from men when I do this. One went so far as to call me after a few hours to see why I didnt continue the volley. The phone call led to a dinner date and the dinner date led a very nice night indeed!

3) Be Funny and Flirty! SMS stands for short message service. Make 95% of your messages short funny & flirty. Not long winded messages about what you had for dinner and what your friend is going to do about her bad boyfriend and what your mum is going to do about your grandma's bad hip.

4) Don't Over Do It! Don't send more than 5 sms per day. Infact some days, only send one. (unless involved in text sex in which case see next post..)

5) Text Sex! Nothing cooler than a little lewdness when it comes to texting. Although keep it classy as there is always the possibility he will show his mates, plus the written word can have a different effect on people and you want to turn him on, not freak him out! Its also a good build up to action at a later stage.. Start as simply as "I want you bad, hurry home" I guarantee a great response!

6)Keep Him Waiting! Men are hunters. if you respond to every text they send in a timely fashion, they won't want to hunt you anymore. I have been known to wait as long as eight hours to respond to a message even though my phone has been in front of me the whole time. I have a friend that waits several days.

NB - I am well aware that anyone who has been or is currently involved in a textual relationship with me is reading this and laughing.