Tuesday, January 19, 2010

60. Counters






How many times have you heard parents say to their kids "I'll give you til three"?

And then how many pay any attention and how many ignore them?

Depends, you see, on how much integrity the counter has.

If the kid knows that nothing is going to happen when the counter gets to three, then said kid has nothing to risk by behaving poorly.

Men are sooo like this.

I know full well because my "I am never talking to you ever again" is not met with the begging and tears it deserves.

Infact, these days, it's more like I said I am going to get milk.

My own fault - I've said it 400 times and clearly don't mean it..

Better tip would be to stop the completely empty threats and do everything I said I was going to, when I said it and not say anything at all that I didn't mean!

I'll start this new attitude tomorrow.

I am quite sure this will be good news to someone at least.